PHYS 1214: General Physics
This is an algebra based course which covers electricity, magnetism,
optics, and modern physics. It is a continuation of PHYS 1114.
For more course information, go to Syllabus.
- Time and location: MWF 10:30-11:20 am, PS 141
- Instructor: Alexander Khanov, office PS 251, phone 744-2404
- Office hours: MW 1:30-3:00 pm or by appointment
- TA graders hold office hours in PS 052
- Solmaz Bastani: MR 1:30-3:00 pm
- Meysam Tabakoli: T 2:00-3:30 pm, F 12:30-1:00 pm, 2:30-3:30 pm
OSU Syllabus Attachment: http://academicaffairs.okstate.edu/current-students/47-syllabus-fall
Announcements - please read!
Check the formula sheet and last year's problems for the final exam.
- Lecture: Ch.16,
- HW1 (Ch.16),
- Lecture: Ch.17,
- HW2 (Ch.17),
- Lecture: Ch.18,
- HW3 (Ch.18),
- Midterm exam I, 9/17 5:30-6:30 pm
- Lecture: Ch.19,
- HW4 (Ch.19),
- Lecture: Ch.20,
- HW5 (Ch.20),
- Lecture: Ch.21,
- HW6 (Ch.21),
- Midterm exam II, 10/15 5:30-6:30 pm
- Lecture: Ch.22,
- HW7 (Ch.22),
- Lecture: Ch.23,
- HW8 (Ch.23),
- Lecture: Ch.24,
- HW9 (Ch.24),
- Midterm exam III, 11/12 5:30-6:30 pm
- Lecture: Ch.25,
- Lecture: Ch.27,
- Lecture: Ch.28,
- Lecture: Ch.29,
- HW10 (Ch.25,27-29),
- Final exam, 12/14 12:00-1:50 pm
Questions and answers
Q: Will I have a formula sheet for the midterm/final?
Q: Where is my test?
A: I have them in my office.
Q: I can't print the slides!
A: Try the "light version." Use it as the last resort as it may be missing
some materials from the regular version.